Curtiss-Wright Corporation Mechanical Designer/Drafter in Brecksville, Ohio
The Opportunity | Mechanical Designer/Drafter
- Prepare manufacturing drawings in conjunction with a Project Engineer, Application Engineer or Design Coordinator.
- Produce General Arrangement Drawings for use with factory orders in Creo (Pro Engineer) and/or AutoCad.
- Assist in the archiving and distribution of completed manufacturing drawings.
- Assist manufacturing personnel in the selection of correct drawings.
- Work with Project Engineer to develop design improvements.
- Create parts (3-D model), assemblies (3-D model), and engineering drawings in Creo (Pro Engineer) and/or AutoCad.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design or Drafting required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years Creo experience required.
- Computer aided design software training is required (Creo and AutoCAD).
- Familiarity with GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Strong computer skills required using Microsoft Word and Excel, Infor LN or other ERP System.
- Computer literacy and aptitude to keep up understanding of growing Windows system complexities.
- Use of product life cycle management (PLM) and business system (Infor LN) software.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, and bring issues to resolution.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- US Citizenship
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled