Curtiss-Wright Corporation Systems Engineer, Sr in Chanhassen, Minnesota
The Opportunity | Systems Engineer, Sr
Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes.
Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Provide system architecture definition based on required functionality.
- Responsible for the definition and development of a next generation embedded processor system for actuator performance metrics and analysis with input from additional sensors in actuators delivered to external devices over Ethernet or wireless channels.
- Responsible for the next generation controls for integrated drives
- Technical supervision of one or more engineers and technicians.
- Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents, i.e.. ICDs, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports and support the development of SRS and HRS documents.
- Participate in all system and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and acceptance testing.
- Support development for system, hardware and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met.
- Perform/coordinate various analyses in support of detailed design of components, major assemblies, software and systems.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience in embedded controls, motion control including machine safety standards, and IoT connectivity and security. Anticipated technologies include ARM based processor systems, Ether CAT, and wireless (specific mode to be determined).
- Experience creating custom circuit designs to support ethernet and wireless communicaton using chip integrated circuits.
- Working knowledge and understanding of military / defense standards and other pertinent mechanical standards desirable
- Understanding of release process, product flow charts, and concurrent engineering principals and methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- Due to the nature of this the work, applicants must be a sole US Citizen
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled