Curtiss-Wright Corporation Maintenance Repair Technician in Chesapeake, Virginia
The Opportunity | Repair/Service Technician
Under direct supervision, the Repair/Service Technician performs basic mechanical maintenance and repairs to all plant facilities, equipment, tools and machines. This position requires travel, including possible international travel.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting to determine a variety of problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Has knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing principles and able to diagnose and correct all malfunctions in the most economical manner.
- May perform routine equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
- Travel to offsite locations for repair/service calls
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and hydraulic diagrams with assistance, and perform alignment check on all machines, diagnose, and make corrections.
- Basic plumbing, and welding skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a passport
- Experience with Navy ship repair or shipyard background
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain DOD security clearance
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive Pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition for your contributions
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled