Curtiss-Wright Corporation Sr. Internal Auditor in Cheswick, Pennsylvania
The Opportunity | Senior Internal Auditor
Curtiss-Wright is seeking an experienced Senior Auditor to plan, execute, lead, and report on internal audits across the organization is financial and control environment. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Internal Audit, this position is responsible for leading complex activities associated with completing internal audits as well as performing other short-term projects as they arise. This position will participate in planning and conducting financial and controls audits, as well as collaborating with other auditors.
- Perform risk-based integrated audits (combined financial and internal control audits, with an emphasis in financial based auditing).
- Participate in planning and collaborating with audit staff across simultaneous audits in multiple locations to accomplish annual audit plan.
- Conduct special projects as required throughout the domestic organization.
- Assist staff auditors in gaining internal control and financial audit skills as well as validating that work performed meets or exceeds audit standards and objectives.
- Ensure the accuracy and clarity of audit documentation and collaborate with audit staff in the preparation of audit reports.
- Collaborate with audit staff in communicating audit results in an objective and accurate manner to all levels of financial and operational management.
- Develop and maintain contacts with financial and operational management, to ensure an understanding and acceptance of audit requirements, approach and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA , or clear indication of progress towards completion required)
- 3-5 years' experience in public accounting, specializing in financial audit
- Senior-level audit experience
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts, Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO (COSO 2013 is a plus).
- Experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- Solid PC skills with demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Exposure to long-term contract accounting (government contracting preferred)
- A desire to enhance business acumen through domestic and international travel. Annual travel for this role is estimated at up to 50%
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled