Curtiss-Wright Corporation Buyer in East Farmingdale, New York
The Opportunity | Senior Buyer
The Senior Buyer is responsible for soliciting quotations from qualified supplier(s), placing purchase orders, follow-up and expediting placed purchase orders to meet established schedules. The individual is also expected to solicit support as necessary from other departments to resolve questions or problems.
- Principal responsibility is for the senior buyer to know the value of what is being purchased and ensure that the purchase meets required schedules within the budgeted guidelines.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Individual will be negotiating purchase order terms and conditions with regards to price, delivery, quality for complex commodities.
- Able to interact with various suppliers and other departments.
- Responsible for supplier follow-up and total ownership of all executed purchase orders.
- Must be organized, detailed oriented and possess time management skills.
- Notify the Supply Chain Manager and all effected associates of any supplier delay.
- Responsible for periodic visits to suppliers.
- Act as a mentor to all subordinate Purchasing associates.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or Supply Chain Manager.
- Conduct Supplier visits and rate them as to production capability, performance and delivery
- Experience with Oracle ERP System
- A minimum of five (5) years' work experience as a buyer, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent of 15 Years work experience and education.
- Annual successful completion of professional and/or educational training, which enhances the associate's skills, is mandatory.
- Previous government procurement experience and knowledge of FARs/DFARs is highly desirable
- Computer knowledge including Windows, Microsoft Office and ERP experience.
- CPM, CPSM or APICS certification is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build customer relationships
- Ability to think on your feet and make quality decisions
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled