Curtiss-Wright Corporation Maintenance Mechanic in East Farmingdale, New York
The Opportunity | Maintenance Mechanic
Under minimal supervision, plans, installs and maintains a wide variety of electrical, mechanical and manufacturing equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible to install, maintain, repair, adjust, modify, and assist in the original installation of Manual equipment, CNC equipment, NC equipment operated or controlled by programmable controllers, mini computers, micro processor, electronically controlled equipment and all peripheral devices associated with computer systems and systems of automated machines and machine tools. A good understanding in the mechanical maintenance of Air compressor systems, high pressure pumps, accumulators and filter systems.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine a wide variety of problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Has thorough knowledge of electrical, mechanical and manufacturing principles and able to diagnose and correct all malfunctions in the most economical manner.
- May perform a variety of equipment modifications as direct by manufacturing engineers.
- May direct and supervise the work of others when assigned and perform other tasks as directed.
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Functionally operate production equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctions by the use of practical and mechanical knowledge.
- Install, maintain, and repair production equipment including manufacturing replacement parts if necessary.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance checks and service as scheduled, maintaining necessary logs and reports.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems on convention and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Locate and order repair parts and supplies. Assist in troubleshooting of electrical problems.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- 3+ years of troubleshooting electromechanical equipment.
- Technical/Trade School Education in a relevant field.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and hydraulic diagrams, and perform alignment check on all machines, diagnose, and make corrections.
- Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled