Curtiss-Wright Corporation Manufacturing Engineer (CNC) in East Farmingdale, New York
The Opportunity | Manufacturing Engineer (CNC)
The individual receives direction from senior manufacturing personnel regarding methodology of manufacturing of component parts and assemblies. The individual generates a process description of the methodization and processing, CNC programs, tools required for each process. The individual supplies engineering support to manufacturing personnel as required for developed processes, identifying quality controls within the scope of the job being methodized and CNC programmed.
- Develops manufacturing processes and generates CNC machine programs to support machine shop activities.
- Identifies tooling required to support the CNC machine programs. Designs specialized tooling and fixtures to support generated CNC programs and processes. Generates CAD drawings for new specialized tooling and fixturing required to support the new programs
- Coordinates new CNC machine program loading, set-up and program proofing. Updates all supporting documentation as required.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Assists in the training of shop personnel to optimize the manufacturing and quality process defined within scope of manufacturing methods under development.
Ability to methodize parts with minimum supervision. Knowledge of machine shop practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of raw materials and related machinability. Ability to define applicable feeds - speeds combinations for established manufacturing process.
- Ability to generate CAD drawings.
- Capable to analyze manufacturing equipment or tooling problems to efficiently implement solutions to economically solve these production problems in a timely manner.
- Broad knowledge of computer controlled machine tools.
- Associate Degree minimum in Manufacturing/Mechanical Technology or equivalent related field or a commensurate level of related experience.
- Three (3) years minimum experience as a CNC machine programmer, with tool and/or machine design experience.
- Working knowledge of Mastercam CAD/CAM software version 8.xx or greater
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled