Curtiss-Wright Corporation Planner in East Farmingdale, New York
The Opportunity | Senior Planner
The Senior Planner is an integral addition to Target Rock's Program. The Senior Planner is responsible for using project sales orders and engineering releases to determine the priority of scheduling requirements, and to develop action plans to supply completed detail and sub-assembly parts in the required time frame to support shipping schedules. The Senior Planner will coordinate required work activities so that the project program will be completed on time to scheduled requirements.
- Generation and maintenance of outstanding material logs.
- Initiation and maintenance of work orders, including preparation of shop packages, material pick list, material verification and serial number assignment.
- Continuous maintenance and timely implementation of contractual changes as identified on project and/or engineering releases.
- As required, coordination with and expediting of internal/external personnel to ensure product support in a timely manner.
- Identification of product shortages and other bottlenecks which may adversely affect production flow.
- Perform project control responsibilities on assigned projects as required.
- Maintenance and closeout of inventory and WIP closed projects.
- Conducting preliminary inventory reviews.
- Releases and maintains all appropriate paperwork.
- Provides direction and leadership for lower level employees.
- Develops and maintains detailed schedules, production plans and material requirements lists in accordance with the Master Production Schedule, for products, proposal efforts and/or production processes.
- Coordinates Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Material Control, Quality and other departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting production schedules.
- Provides input to management regarding problems such as scheduling problems, material shortages, design changes and backlogs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in Production Planning, Scheduling, and/or Inventory Control with at least three (3) years in a computer oriented environment.
- Prior experience in machine shop environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Oracle DB/SQL experience preferred
- Familiarity with MRP a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Oracle BI interface creation experience
- Tableau dashboard creation experience
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled