Curtiss-Wright Corporation Project Engineer in East Farmingdale, New York
The Opportunity | Project Engineer
Directs all engineering aspects of assigned projects related to design, development, and supply of valves and other equipment for Defense applications. Provides support to planning, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, contracts, programs, and assembly departments, as required, including proposals needing engineering inputs, engineering changes (ECOs), vendor support, quality audits and corrective action boards, and dispositioning of non-conforming hardware. Provide the primary technical support to Defense Customers.
- Provides timely support to contracts, programs, planning, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, assembly departments, as required, from proposal through delivery
- Review of purchase order technical requirements including specifications for compliance with proposed design.
- Provides the technical interpretation of applicable specifications and codes imposed on deliverable items.
- Prepare and, if applicable, make the appropriate technical submittals to Defense Customers
- Preparation design drawings and procedures, as necessary, to meet order requirements.
- Release of design drawings and procedures.
- Preparation and review of design and qualification reports, if necessary.
- Directs qualification test programs and any other testing program contracted by Defense Customers.
- Disposition of non-conforming equipment in a timely manner.
- Prepare the technical instructions for assembly and test operations ensuring contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Resolution of assembly and test problems for Defense Products.
- Supports bid and proposal activities for Defense Products.
- Travel to customers/subvendors as required.
- Prepares Engineering Ordering Specifications (EOS) and Procurement Specifications (PRS) adequately to ensure all technical requirements are sufficiently passed to suppliers.
- Must be a US citizen with a Government Security Clearance
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Knowledge of products and industry requirements.
- Working knowledge of applicable product specifications.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Mathcad, AutoCAD, and ANSYS
- Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Nuclear) or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering Registration or advanced Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Power Plant Systems training (preferred)
- Knowledge of Mathcad, AutoCAD, and ANSYS (not required, but preferred)
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled