Curtiss-Wright Corporation Supervisor, Quality Control in East Windsor, Connecticut
The Quality Supervisor will have the organizational freedom to identify problems related to quality and correct, initiate action for correction, or stop any work or activity that violates the established quality standards.
- Implement and maintain a documented quality program that meets customer requirements and corporate standards.
- Direct and supervise the work of the quality department employees.
- Provide procedures, as required, to support quality department objectives.
- Provide training to individuals whose work affects quality issues
- Review customer proposals and/or purchase orders, including changes, to determine quality requirements, and insure their input into internal planning.
- Establish/maintain relations with customer representatives in quality related activities, including source inspection, audits and process surveys.
- Interface with other departments to provide assistance, resolve problems and monitor work affecting quality.
- Monitor and audit periodically all process activities defined in technical plans.
- Lead root cause investigations on any internal or external non-conformances. This may include 8D, 5 Why, DOE, or other similar methodologies to find the true root cause of problem.
- Ensure conformance to quality program requirements through external/internal audits, corrective action program and qualify associates through testing and training.
- Maintain supplier qualification to insure their ability to perform work meeting quality standards and obtaining process approvals.
- May have access to proprietary and third-party information necessary to the business and as such will perform duties in an ethical and professional manner.
- Education: Bachelor degree in industry related activities.
- Minimum of 3 years department management and 2 years direct supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language to interface with management and all levels, both in-house and at customer's place of business
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
- Must be capable of making written recommendations for improving Quality Assurance Systems and Procedures.
- Must have or be willing to work with Six Sigma methodologies.
- Must be familiar with ISO, AS, NADCAP quality systems and aerospace specifications AMS.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and purchase orders.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled