Curtiss-Wright Corporation Buyer (Contract) in Gilbert, Arizona
The Opportunity | Buyer (Contract)
Under general direction, purchases a variety of materials, supplies and services. Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing. Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
- Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes.
- Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to production capability, performance and delivery.
- Responsible for complying with corporate policies, procedures and underlying Federal, state and/or local regulations concerning the purchase or shipment of goods, materials, or service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or similar field of study
- One (1) to five (5) years Purchasing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office
- Understanding of economics and factors impacting purchasing
- Ability to influence decisions
- A working knowledge of manufacturing process within Aerospace or other highly technical industry, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled