Curtiss-Wright Corporation Chemical Technician in Lansing, New York
The Opportunity | Chemical Technician
Under general supervision, provide analytical support using analytical instrumentation to meet customer expectations in a timely and cost effective manner. Responsible for sample preparation, operation of instrumentation, and performing a variety of analytical tests. Will also be responsible for keeping work areas clean and organized.
- Perform mechanical and chemical sample preparations. Mechanical sample prep will include cutting, drilling and grinding of metal samples. Chemical sample prep will include mainly acid digestions of metal samples and dilutions.
- Review and investigate samples using a variety of analytical instrumentation. Analytical instrumentation may include but are not limited to an oxygen/nitrogen analyzer, hydrogen analyzer, carbon/sulfur determinator, optical emission spectrometer (OES) and ICP, and particle size analyzer.
- Perform typical gravimetric and volumetric tests. These tests include but are not limited to coating weights, densities, moisture content, ash content, sieve analysis, and titrations.
- Maintain work area conditions and appearance at expected IMR standards. Work in a safe manner.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or Biology related field is preferred
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled