Curtiss-Wright Corporation Production Supervisor in Portland, Oregon
The Production Supervisor role is responsible for direct supervision of production and maintenance employees in support of manufacturing goals. The Supervisor also ensures all parts produced are shipped on time and that they meet customer and internal quality standards, as well as industry best practice mandates.
- Oversee assembly of products, monitors process standards, and participates in workstation design.
- Work with Engineering and Quality departments to ensure products are built to customer specifications.
- Participate with manufacturing engineering in the development of new concepts and work practices.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of parts in support of production requirements including supervision in general machining and chemical treatment of parts.
- Directly supervise the daily activities of assigned personnel ensuring safe work practices and the proper utilization of resources, equipment and materials.
- Oversee personnel support as it pertains to employee related issues and the planning of labor and their production output.
- Assist in planning for all manufacturing functions by reviewing process schedules, budgetary and time limitations and production orders.
- Aim to meet customer requirements, and make decisions on staffing, work procedures, and duty assignments.
- Ensure planning meets anticipated needs for parts, specifications and quality assurance standards.
- Coordinate and provide necessary training and development to production staff.
- Ensure staff is up-to-date on new and updated/ revised production items and quality assurance standards.
- Coordinates proper administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Daily interface with Production Manager on issues regarding productions planning and personnel.
- Daily interface with manufacturing personnel on issues regarding production planning and general personnel matters.
- Daily interface with the Customer Service group on issues related to the coordination of shipments.
- Daily interface with Buyers Materials Manager on issues regarding production planning.
- Weekly interface with Human Resources on issues regarding employees.
- Daily interface with Union personnel.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Solid experience in supervising a group of people and team building.
- Lean manufacturing experience is preferred.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations. Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled