Curtiss-Wright Corporation Senior Purchasing Manager in Santa Clarita, California
Reporting to the Senior Director Supply Chain and Customer Services, we are looking for someone to join our team as the Senior Manager, Purchasing. The successful applicant will be a high-energy, motivated leader eager to contribute to driving change and continuous improvement while leading an experienced team of professionals driving timely, cost-effective procurement and disciplined management of suppliers.
Although a Senior Manager, the successful candidate will also be expected to engage directly at a working level contributing to overall team deliverables. Success in this role has the potential to develop into a position with increased functional responsibility.
Responsible for managing a global supply base that supports the Curtiss-Wright Integrated Systems business unit's AS9100D certification and end-customer quality and delivery needs, this position is also pivotal to ensuring continued strong financial performance contributing to revenue, margin, and working capital achievement/growth.
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and direction to Purchasing staff, establishing team and individual development plans and performance goals that align with company objectives and the Annual Operating Plan.
- Establish procurement and inventory strategies working with Planning, Customer Services, Quality and Warehouse teams to provide a closed loop system of material management and supporting revenue/order fulfillment drive while minimizing risk of E&O exposure.
- Ensure compliance with customer and Curtiss-Wright Quality Management Systems, providing front-end terms and contractual oversight as well as back-end supply chain execution and QMS alignment.
- Working in conjunction Quality, Engineering, Supply Management, and Manufacturing to support supplier selection, performance management, and issue resolution processes to ensure the supplier base meets company needs for cost, quality, delivery and customer service.
- Identify and drive cost and lead time reduction opportunities leveraging Curtiss-Wright's global supply base and supplier relationships.
- Support the Bids team to optimize financial performance and enable new business wins.
- Negotiate terms and contracts, using creative mechanisms to meet Curtiss-Wright performance and management expectations.
- Report key metrics that measure supplier performance and develop action plans to drive improvement where needed.
- Take an active role in policy & procedure creation/ implementation, objective setting, and financial budgeting processes.
- Customer-focused, action-oriented, timeline-driven and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Metrics-driven, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong propensity to operate independently to drive execution and continuous improvement, demonstrating sound judgement of when to leverage remote executive management.
- Outstanding leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and sustain strong relationships at all levels with direct staff, internal partners, and suppliers
- Solid, proven negotiation and contract management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Diversified, adaptable team player.
- Sound understanding of financial fundamentals and reporting practices.
Your Education and Experience:
- Senior professional with 10 years of business management experience in roles including Procurement, Supplier Management, and Planning.
- Multi-disciplined background or significant exposure to broad scope of functional disciplines including supply chain, manufacturing operations, and finance.
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- Hands-on, working knowledge and experience with CRM and ERP systems; SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing procurement in compliance with AS9100 requirements.
- Aerospace/Military market experience is an asset.
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing knowledge desired.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled