Curtiss-Wright Corporation Buyer in Canada
Responsible for negotiating and managing the procurement of key commodities, or the subcontracting of same, assisting in the development of new suppliers, and interfacing with our Engineering staff on technical requirements. Acts as a specialist in several commodity types supporting the supply chain, quality and engineering teams with technical knowledge. All applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
- Work with vendors to obtain best quality, delivery and prices.
- Issue and administer Purchase Orders in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Purchase materials and services in support of production and company objectives using approved suppliers.
- Monitor suppliers to achieve procurement targets in price, delivery and quality.
- Participate in streamlining supply chain operations to improve performance.
- Perform risk analysis-identification and resolution of supply issues in order to meet commitments.
- Work with internal and external customers to resolve product issues.
- Negotiate supplier agreements including long-term contracts.
- Work with suppliers for Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence.
- Apply supply chain techniques to identify appropriate suppliers based on capabilities to meet requirements and specifications.
- Analyse engineering concepts to ensure design for manufacturing and ensure specification details align with supplier capabilities and technology.
- Additional responsibilities as required to meet business needs.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Business system experience (MRP/MTO/SAP, Oracle or similar ERP experience).
- Excellent communication skills, plus the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy environment with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Government Procurement Regulations (Controlled Goods, ITAR)
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement concepts and practices
- Experience developing commodity strategies.
- Experience in project management; negotiation, and expediting
University degree or equivalent experience. Minimum 2 years of experience in the field or related area.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled