Curtiss-Wright Corporation Equipment Technician in Canada
Temporary Position until June 30th supporting our 2nd shift (Monday - Friday, 3:30 pm - 12:00 midnight).
As a Trusted Proven Leader in our industry, our Customer's expect their product to be of high quality and delivered on time. In our high-tech manufacturing environment it is essential that we keep our equipment up and running. As an Equipment Technician you play an important role in maintaining our equipment and thereby ensuring our Customer's satisfaction.
In this entry-level position, supporting the 2nd shift (Mon - Fri, 3:30 pm - 12 midnight) you will have the opportunity to apply your practical knowledge of technical principles and practices to perform a variety of non-routine technical activities. These activities relate to the manufacture and test of client products, in a time-sensitive environment.
Your technical knowledge and passion are apparent and when coupled with the training and development we will provide you, you can look to enjoy a long and challenging career with Curtiss-Wright.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Working on projects, which may not have established procedures. Developing and recommending new procedures for test, maintenance, repair or installation of equipment.
- Installing and maintaining new or more complex manufacturing or test equipment.
- Conducting semi-routine analyses and documentation updates, relating to material management, manufacturing, or test processes.
- Testing and calibrating equipment, building prototypes and developing and implementing manufacturing or test plans.
Your knowledge might include:
- Experience in production and test equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Current manufacturing processes/technologies, standards and specifications (e.g. ISO, IPC)
- Computers, peripheral equipment, manufacturing tools and equipment and pertinent software applications
- Generally requires a Technical College diploma or 1-2 yrs similar experience.
This position is part of a highly collaborative and supportive team; a team who interacts with several other groups in our building of 350 people as well as external suppliers. To be successful you work to create solutions, continuously strive for improvement, and take accountability for your work.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact HR and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled