Curtiss-Wright Corporation Senior Financial Analyst in Canada
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who is responsible for providing financial analysis, support and control to various departments within Curtiss-Wright Embedded Computing.
As well as the technical experience required to excel as a Senior Financial Analyst, we are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who is accountable for their work and motivated to complete all tasks assigned to them. If you do well in this role there are opportunities for you to lead challenging projects providing you with the type of experience required to jump start your career at Curtiss-Wright.
- Analysis of the engineering department(s) cost performance and generation of accurate and timely cost reports, as well as, developing and monitoring key performance indicators for cost performance;
- Aiding in the annual budget roll including: creation of annual labour rates as they relate to engineering cost centres;
- Involved in monthly forecasting and annual business planning processes utilizing SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) application;
- Revenue accounting, analysis and reporting;
- Project accounting, analysis, and reporting;
- Other miscellaneous analysis and reporting;
- Preparation of R&D costing schedules for use in the annual tax returns.
- General accounting and finance tasks as required;
- Backup and support for other members of the finance team
Aid in various internal/external audits including Sarbanes-Oxley self assessment
Thorough understanding of general and cost accounting principles and practices;
- Must be able to work with Excel/Word and PowerPoint at an advanced level;
- SAP knowledge would be an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, ability to work with cross-functional teams and to train staff to follow procedures and use system tools;
- Ability to develop and write procedures, as well as experience with cost analysis and audits to recommend process improvements;
- Excellent analytical skills to collect data, understand significance, explain issues, and recommend solutions;
- Excellent technical ability, including ability to work with integrated ERP systems preferably SAP expertise;
Ability to embrace change with enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
A post secondary diploma/degree from a college or university in Accounting and or Business
- Attainment or working towards a professional accounting designation: CA, CGA or CMA
- 5-7 years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing or high technology environment
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact HR and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled