Curtiss-Wright Corporation Administrator - Data Protection (1 year contract) in United Kingdom
Curtiss-Wright is looking for an Office Administrator (1 year fixed-term contract) based at our new facility by Bournemouth Airport. This new position will involve providing a range of support to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) assisting with activities related to GDPR to support the Data Privacy Office.
You will be responsible for daily tasks such as monitoring notifications, escalating potential breaches, chasing information and engaging with all levels across the business. The successful candidate will be able to multi-tasking, have strong organizational skills and a proven background in administration.
Benefits include competitive pay, flexible working hours and free parking.
Key Responsibilities (Training will be provided):
- Assisting the Data Protection Office to develop, embed and monitor data privacy management and oversight across the business.
- Stakeholder management providing guidance and support of the DPIA process
- Lead and support a strong cross functional relationship with key stakeholders across all prioritised business processes, understanding all relevant areas and how their processes and resources interact with other functional areas from a data privacy perspective
- Challenge existing ways of working, reviewing effectiveness of the groups Privacy by Design
- Support the Data Privacy office embed the desired data privacy culture and assist compiling regular cultural messages from the DPO, helping develop data privacy cultural behaviours in the business to make them stick
- Providing guidance on change programmes and new projects from a Data Privacy GDPR Perspective
- Providing guidance and support from the DPO Office to assist and drive projects and changes to successful completion in delivering transformational processes
- Compile and deliver presentations for awareness campaigns from the DPO
- Proven administration experience supporting a range of duties
- Experienced working with all levels of the business
- Capable of demonstrating initiative whilst working to fulfil a complex workload and proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proven influencing skills and experience and an ability to interact at senior level within the company
- Compliance focussed, confident and tenacious, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Data Protection Act and GDPR
- Strong ability to disseminate and clearly communicate GDPR and ICO matters effectively
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled