Curtiss-Wright Corporation Embedded Software Engineer in United Kingdom
As an Embedded Software Engineer, at our Bournemouth Airport facility, you will be working alongside our experienced team, dedicated to innovative and robust solutions. Curtiss-Wright is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Electronic Control Systems for battery-operated vehicles, such as powered wheelchairs and industrial vehicles for floor-care and materials-handling markets.
The successful Engineer will work within small dedicated project teams in the design of high volume and safety-critical embedded systems for the Industrial and Mobility vehicle markets. The software we develop ranges between low level drivers, real-time motor control and high level applications.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to degree level in an electronics or equivalent experience
- Bring a minimum of 4 years proven experience in an electronics environment developing software based products
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of software design and defensive coding methodologies, preferably using UML.
- Show an appreciation of safety critical developments (e.g. for use in Medical Devices)
- Have design and coding experience using C and/or C++
- Be self-motivated and driven with the ability to work to challenging timescales.
- Be able to actively support software testing (e.g. Code reviews, unit testing, Lint etc.)
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a broader team
- Have excellent attention to detail skills in order to deliver products of the best quality and right the first time.
Experience in the following would also be an advantage: CAN, SPI and USB Communications. Wireless protocols. DMA and ADC support. Motor Control Theory and support of Graphical User interfaces (GUI).
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled