Curtiss-Wright Corporation Supervisor, Manufacturing in United Kingdom
Supervises the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Assign and supervise the work of production employees to meet all quality requirements and production schedules.
- Review schedules and adjust workflow to meet schedule requirements and minimize downtime while ensuring that work assignments are performed to manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Enforce company policies, safety rules, and good housekeeping. Taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Evaluate performance of all employees, and take corrective action when appropriate. Interview applicants and make recommendations on the hiring of new employees.
- Manage direct employees only
- Arrange for maintenance repairs of equipment and tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, layouts and process worksheets and inspect parts. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled