Curtiss-Wright Corporation HR Generalist in Wellsville, New York
Location: Charleston, SC
The Opportunity | Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Generalist implements CW policies and coordinates human resources activities such as recruiting, employee communications, compensation, employee relations, training and development and EEO/Affirmative action programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for assigned roles including job description creation, pre-employment testing when applicable, etc. Work with Managers to develop interview questions, interviewing process, selection of candidate and developing an offer.
- Provides support to employees on various HR related topics such as leaves of absence, compensation problem resolution.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Coordinates with management for training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews.
- Processes changes in employee status by completing the proper forms in a timely manner for data entry into the HRIS system.
- Conduct investigations of alleged discrimination, employee relation issues, and ethics as needed; recommend and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide practical, consistent, and proactive support and guidance to Managers on HR issues and work together to identify practical solutions
- Act as primary contact for all employee related inquiries and respond in a prompt, professional manner
- Provides management with direction and counseling to resolve employee relations issues
Frequent travel to and from Charleston, Pittsburgh and Wellsville, NY during plant relocation
After plant relocation to Charleston, travel will be infrequent
- BS Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Master's degree a plus
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Labor relations experience a plus
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive growth as an HR Generalist
Must be US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e.. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled